Features and Functionality
Today, legal research means much more than case law and precedents. News & Companies is specifically designed to meet your growing business intelligence needs so that you can make informed decisions with clarity and confidence.
- Access all sources from the News & Companies tab within the Quicklaw interface — a one-stop shop for your business research needs.
- Schedule searches to run automatically any time you choose — no need to repeat searches.
- Set up customizable email alerts that deliver relevant news and stories to your fingertips — never miss another news story.
- Perform all legal, investigative, market, and client research using a single service with unparalleled search capabilities — simplify your entire research process.
* News & Companies requires a Quicklaw account and a separate News & Companies subscription. Some restrictions may apply. Sources are current to July 2008 and are subject to change without notice.
Learn more about this product
Call 1-800-255-5174 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tap into the broadest collection of news, business, and industry sources available online.
News - Keep current with news headlines and stories from across Canada and around the globe deliveredin multiple languages with:
- Same-day and archival coverage from the world’s most respected newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal®, The New York Times®, The Globe and Mail™, the National Post™ (including the Financial Post and FP Investing), the South China Morning Post, The Times (London), La Presse Canadienne, Les Echos (France), and Süddeutsche Zeitung (Germany), as well as local,national, and international newspapers, and premium titles such as CCH®,National Institute for Trial Advocacy, and Mealey's™
- 200+ newswires, including a combination of 50 that you can't find together on any other online service, such as Canada NewsWire, The Canadian Press, The Associated Press, Reuters®, Datamonitor NewsWire, and Financial Wire
- Radio and television transcripts from the CBC, CTV, Nouvelles Télé-Radio (NTR), the BBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX — and 100+ more
- Influential full-text blogs — more than 300
Companies — Conduct thorough due diligence and monitor happenings at clients, competitors and prospects, with:
- Data on 200,000 private U.S. companies, plus 30,000 companies from Asia and the Pacific Rim, Europe, the MIddle East and Africa, and North and South America
- 1.1 million records on Canadian businesses from Canada Business Directory
- Robust company profiles and analysis from Dun & Bradstreet®, Dow Jones®, Hoover’s®, Standard & Poor’s®, Moody’s®, and more
- SEC filings from LIVEDGAR
- Historical Quotes with coverage back to 1970 providing historical pricing of a stock or bond
- Multex Market Guides - the premier source of quality financial and business intelligence information on companies around the world.
Industries - Stay on top of trends and market conditions in the energy, oil and gas, financial services, industrial/manufacturing, and pharmaceutical sectors - and virtually every other industry with:
- 3,200 magazines plus “must-read” industry sources such as The Economist, Marketing Magazine (Canada), Finanz und Wirtschaft, Satellite News, Computerworld, the Oil & Gas Journal, and more
- Over 600 Canadian periodicals from Canadian Business and Current Affairs providing full-text, abstracted, and indexed access to publications covering current affairs, company, market, and industry information including CAmagazine, CMA Management, the Canadian HR Reporter, Canadian Insurance, ComputerWorld Canada, Ivey Business Journal Online, Summit, and more
*News & Companies requires a Quicklaw account and a separate News & Companies subscription. Some restrictions may apply. Sources are current to July 2008 and are subject to change without notice.
Learn more about this product