Simply the Research Process
Save valuable research time with FamilyPractice. Conveniently access a broad selection of leading secondary materials, as well as primary law, and the tools to facilitate research.
Perform In-Depth Research
Meet your clients’ needs with the help of the comprehensive and unmatched collection of primary material on LexisNexis® Quicklaw®, including all pertinent federal and provincial legislation with treaties, case law, and an unparalleled collection of board and tribunal decisions.
Efficient Research – Your Way
Go directly to the information you need, when you need it. Set up your FamilyPractice practice area page as your home page.
Access the following collections via FamilyPractice* on LexisNexis® Quicklaw:
Exclusive leading Butterworths® criminal law treatises
- British Columbia Family Law Practice (Carol Mahood Huddart and Trudi L. Brown)
- Ontario Family Law Practice (The Hon. Mr. Justice David Steinberg, the Hon. Mr. Justice Craig Perkins, Esther L. Lenkinski and Andrew James)
- Wilson on Children and the Law (Jeffery Wilson)
- Family Mediation and Collaborative Practice Handbook (Barbara Landau, Lorne Wolfson and Niki Landau)
Butterworths benchmark reference treatises
- Sopinka, Lederman & Bryant – The Law of Evidence in Canada (The Hon. Mr. Justice Alan W. Bryant, The Hon. Mr. Justice Sidney N. Lederman and The Hon. Madam Justice Michelle K. Fuerst)
- Castel & Walker – Canadian Conflict of Laws (Janet Walker) Canadian Contract Law (Angela Swan)
Exclusive case digests
Essential Quantum Digests
- Canada Child Support Quantums
- Canada Spousal Support Quantums
- Canada Dependants’ Relief Quantums
- Canada Matrimonial Property Quantums
Exclusive Primary Content
- Family Law Cases – Topical
- Supreme Court of Canada Service
- LAW/NET™ Legal Update Service
Current Awareness NetLetter™
- LexisNexis® Family Law (Atlantic Canada) NetLetter™
- LexisNexis® Family Law (Ontario) NetLetter™
- LexisNexis® Family Law (Western Canada) NetLetter™
- LexisNexis® Youth Protection NetLetter™
- Syrtash Family Law NetLetter™
- Bulletin LexisNexis® Droit de la famille (Quebec)
Family Law Legislation
- Family Law Statutes
- Family Law Regulations
Forms & Precedents
- British Columbia Family Forms – Canadian Forms & Precedents (Frederick M. Irvine)
* Requires a Quicklaw account and a separate subscription.
Superior Training and Support on LexisNexis® Quicklaw®
Quicklaw comes with enhanced online assistance, including context-sensitive help, animated tutorials, and “How do I…?” links for learning specific tasks.
Quicklaw Training Demos
Train yourself on a specific aspect of using Quicklaw in 10 minutes or less. Our Quicklaw training demos include topics such as “Cost-Effective Searching” and “Customizing Your Quicklaw®.” Please visit our YouTube™ channel for additional Quicklaw training demos.
Receive CLE/CPD hours with training sessions in our offices or via the web
Count on our cross-Canada team of experienced training and support specialists for thorough, helpful, personalized training and assistance. All training is available to customers at no charge.
To register for a scheduled session in one of our offices across Canada, view our training schedule. You can also register for one of our daily web-based training sessions.
In Canadian jurisdictions in which CLE/CPD is required, training provided by one of our training and support specialists can now count toward the number of hours you are required to complete on an hour-for-hour basis. Simply report the training as you would any other training you complete. Upon request, we can provide you with a Certificate of Completion.