Quick Facts About Lexis Nexis
LexisNexis Canada is a leading provider of information and services solutions to professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions.
LexisNexis Canada provides Total Practice Solutions that serve the changing needs of legal professionals and help them achieve excellence. LexisNexis® offerings include the Quicklaw® online legal research service; Butterworths print and CD-ROM titles and newspapers for legal, accounting and other professionals; the Nexis® online news and business research service; and solutions that serve the needs of law firms and other organizations in Practice Management, Client Development and Litigation Services.
Through the integration of information and technology, LexisNexis uniquely unites proprietary brands, advanced web technologies and premium information sources. Across the globe, LexisNexis provides customers with access to five billion searchable documents from more than 40,000 legal, news and business sources.
- Canada headquarters: Markham, Ontario
- Number of employees in Canada: approximately 280
- Number of offices in Canada: seven
- World headquarters: New York City
- Parent company: Reed Elsevier
- Global reach: customers in 100 countries
- Employees: more than 13,000 globally
- Revenue: $3.2 billion in 2007
- Searchable online documents: more than 5 billion
- Information sources: 40,000
- Stock symbols: NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK
- Number of offices worldwide: 110