We are pleased to announce the new Quicklaw® app for iPhone®, as well as other new Quicklaw features, enhancements and content.
Quicklaw App for iPhone
Quicklaw subscribers can now download the new Quicklaw iPhone app at the Apple® App Store at no additional cost.
Retrieve cases from the Quicklaw service and be confident that they are still good law, right from your iPhone. Get on-the-go access to our quality, editorially enhanced case law collection and note up Canadian court and tribunal cases with the tap of your finger.
No matter where you are, use the Quicklaw app to quickly and easily:
- Search for a case by case name or citation number.
- Note up cases with the QuickCITE™ Case Citator.
- View the document.
- Bookmark and email documents.
Get the Quicklaw app today at the Apple App Store by searching for “Quicklaw” — the download is free! To use the app, you must have a current Quicklaw ID and password.
Quick Lookup Tool
The new Quick Lookup research tool allows researchers to highlight text in any content on Quicklaw and perform a search in a separate window against eight key sources of information within Quicklaw, on other LexisNexis products and on the web. Researchers can choose to run their search on any of the following:
- Quicklaw: All Canadian Statutes and Regulations
- Quicklaw: Canadian Legal Words & Phrases
- Quicklaw: Halsbury’s® Laws of Canada
- Lexis® Web
- Canadian-Lawyers.ca — Powered by Lawyers.comSM
- Google™ Dictionary
Quick Lookup provides researchers with the means to determine word and phrase meanings, see related content, and learn more about people, places and concepts — all without losing their place in their research workflow.
Auto-complete Search Feature
Added to the Quicklaw Home page, the optional auto-complete search enhancement presents researchers with a drop-down list of suggested terms when search queries are entered into select boxes in the Find a Document search box. A list of matches is generated as the search query is typed, with the list progressively narrowing as the term is completed. Researchers can select a term from the drop-down list rather than completing the search query. This valuable new search tool helps Quicklaw researchers save time, consider additional search terms and ensure accuracy in their queries.
Sort by Citing Frequency Option
This new sort option in the results list gives researchers the ability to sort full-text cases from Canadian courts and tribunals according to the number of times these cases have been cited by other cases. With this feature, researchers have one more tool to focus quickly on the most pertinent and important cases.
New to the LexisNexis Quicklaw Essentials Series
For more information, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-387-0899 or email@example.com.
* If you are a Quicklaw subscriber, click the link to find out more about the source (you will be prompted to sign in to the Quicklaw service). If you are not a Quicklaw subscriber, please call 1-800-255-5174, email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a web request for information for specific source information.