Share a picture of your pet or other animal on social media using #LNCAnimalContest for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes:
1. A copy of Canadian Animal Law by Victoria Shroff ($130 value) 2. $50 online gift card 3. $25 online gift card
Ways to Enter
Share a picture of your pet or other animal on social media using #LNCAnimalContest – 1. Facebook @lexisnexiscanada 2. Instagram @lnc_lawschools 3. Twitter @lexisnexiscan 4. LinkedIn @lexisnexis-canada
Contest closes December 17, 2021. The winners will be announced on January 7, 2022 over social media.
Dr. Zazie Todd is an animal behaviour expert and award-winning writer who loves nothing better than helping people resolve issues with their pets. She started Companion Animal Psychology in 2012 to explore the ways in which science can help us to have happier cats and dogs. The Animal Book Club followed in 2016, and Companion Animal Psychology is now visited by over 50,000 people a month. Todd also writes a premium newsletter for pet lovers, The Pawsitive Post.
Fred Woo is the Assistant Manager at Animal Care, Biosafety & Radiation Committees at the University of British Columbia. The Animal Care Committee is mandated to safeguard the welfare of animals involved in research and teaching at UBC and at all affiliated locations.
Victoria Shroff is an award winning animal law lawyer. Credited as one of the first and longest serving animal law lawyers in Canada, she has practiced in the unique area of animal law for 20 plus years. Referred to as an animal law ‘trailblazer’, she was awarded the prestigious animal law SEEDS award for her pioneering contributions to the animal law field.
Terms and Conditions
1. Rules. This document comprises the complete official rules (the “Rules”) for the #LNCAnimalContest (the “Contest”) sponsored by LexisNexis Canada Inc. (“ LexisNexis”). These Rules govern the Contest. Entry to the draw constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Rules.
2. Eligibility. To enter, users must share a picture of their pet or other animal on social media (“social media”) and include the hashtag #LNCAnimalContest. Photos must be entrant’s own and original and shared on one of or any of the following social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are not participating partners or sponsors in this contest.
Any such respondent must also be a legal resident of Canada and 18 years of age or older. Employees, representatives or agents of LexisNexis (including its parent or affiliated companies, clients, advertising and promotional agencies, or other representatives or agents), members of the jury and anyone with whom any of the foregoing is domiciled and/or members of their respective immediate families are not eligible to enter. False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible.
3. Qualifying Period. The Contest will be held on November 15th, 2021, at 9:00 am EST and closes on December 17, 2021 at 9 am EST, unless suspended or cancelled earlier as set our herein (the “Minimum Entry Requirements”).
4. Minimum Entry Requirements. LexisNexis in its sole discretion may decide not to proceed with the Contest should the number of eligible entries, as defined by these Rules and more specifically paragraph 6, be equal to or less than 20. Should LexisNexis decide not to proceed with the Contest in accordance with this paragraph, no prize will be awarded and no entrant will be entitled or eligible for said prize or any compensation whatsoever in lieu thereof.
5. Contest Entry Restrictions. Only one daily entry per person, per household is permitted. Any person entering more than once will have their entry discarded. Users must share a picture of their pet or other animal on social media and include the hashtag #LNCAnimalContest. Photos must be entrant’s own and original and shared on one of or any of the following social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
6. Eligible Entries. LexisNexis is not responsible for entries which are incorrect, incomplete, or not received by LexisNexis for any reason.
There will be three (3) people receiving the prizes:
• First Place: one (1) copy of the LexisNexis “Canadian Animal Law” textbook written by author Victoria Shroff. Valued at $130.00 Canadian.
• Second Place: one (1) $50 online gift card
• Third Place: one (1) $25 online gift card
The prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Amazon is not a participating partner or sponsor in this contest.
8. Prize Draw.
After the qualifying period, the winners will be chosen by the judges on January 6, 2022 at 12:30pm ET from all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The winners will be announced on January 7, 2022 at 12:30pm ET. Winners will be revealed at the LexisNexis head office located at 111 Gordon Baker Road Suite 900, Toronto, Ontario, M2H 3R1 and announced on LinkedIn at (43) LexisNexis Canada Inc.: Overview | LinkedIn
8.1. The odds of winning are solely dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
8.2. The selected entrants will be contacted via the social media platform they use to submit their photograph.
8.3. In the event that LexisNexis, for any reason, is unable to reach the selected entrants within 72 hours of the draw, despite reasonable efforts to do so, as determined in LexisNexis’ sole discretion, an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
Conditions of Receiving Prize
9. In order to be declared a winner and receive the prize, the selected entrant must:
9.1. share their own original picture with the hashtag #LNCAnimalContest;
9.2. respond to the prize notification by email within 72 hours of notification;
9.3. provide, upon request and to the sole satisfaction of LexisNexis Canada, personal identification confirming they are in fact the eligible entrant.
9.4. correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid to be administered at time of call before being declared the prize winner;
10. If the selected entrant does not meet all the required conditions for receiving a prize pursuant to paragraph 9 above, or the selected entrant is awarded a prize due to a system error, malfunction or defect, another entrant will selected from the remaining eligible entries received.
11. If a winner declines the prize or is ineligible to receive it for any reason, the winner’s entitlement to the prize will be automatically forfeited.
12. Delivery of Prize. The first prize will be shipped to the winner by courier. The second and third prizes will be delivered by the email address provided by the winners.
13. Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to: (a) collection by LexisNexis of any and all personal information provided by entrants in the Contest (“ Personal Information”); (b) use and disclosure by LexisNexis of Personal Information for the purpose of administration of the Contest; (c) disclosure by LexisNexis of Personal Information to any parent or affiliated corporation; (d) use of Personal Information by LexisNexis for the purpose of contacting entrants by mail, email or telephone with offers of products and services which may be of interest to them; (e) use of Personal Information by LexisNexis in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest respondent demographics, information and habits, which may be disclosed to third parties.
14. Acknowledgement and Release. By entering the Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of LexisNexis and its representatives, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to release and discharge LexisNexis and its parent and affiliated corporations from any and all liability connected with the draw; and (c) to fully indemnify LexisNexis (including its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with participation, awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, and/or participation in the Contest.
15. Disclaimer. LexisNexis provides the prize on an AS IS basis without any guarantee, representation, warranty or condition, express or implied. Any defective prize is subject to gift card provider’s warranty policy.
16. Liability Exclusion. LexisNexis and its parent and affiliated corporations shall not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
16.1. any inaccurate, lost, damaged, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered entries, regardless of cause;
16.2. any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of cause; and
16.3. any damage or loss, special, indirect or consequential, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, connected with, or relating to these Rules, the Contest, or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the LexisNexis website and regardless of the cause or any negligence by LexisNexis or anyone for whom either is responsible at law, and notwithstanding that LexisNexis may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
17. All Contest entries become the property of LexisNexis and will not be acknowledged or returned.
18. Decisions of LexisNexis in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
19. LexisNexis is not responsible for any typographical or electronic error in the printing, publishing, offering or administration of the Contest.
20. LexisNexis, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person suspected of tampering with the entry process or otherwise violating these Rules.
21. LexisNexis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest without prior notice or to change the Rules.
22. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by LexisNexis, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, LexisNexis may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
23. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials including the Contest entry form, point of sale and/or any other advertising (regardless of form or medium), the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail.
24. All intellectual property, including all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, copyright, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by LexisNexis and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
25. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAW MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND LEXISNEXIS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
26. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
27. Any and all disputes relating to this Contest or any prize shall be subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and of Canada applicable therein.
28. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. If any provision of these Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
111 Gordon Baker Road
Toronto, ON, M2H 3R1