1. MEET PETER TZAVIDAS
Peter is the Content Development Lawyer for the Personal Injury module of Lexis Practice Advisor. Peter graduated from the University of Windsor Law School and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2016. Prior to joining Lexis Nexis, Peter was an associate at a boutique plaintiff firm, specializing in insurance litigation.
FUN FACT! Peter is a walking hockey encyclopedia – no need to Google hockey facts if he’s in the office.
Click here to view Lexis Practice Advisor Content Lawyers.
Click here to search for Contributors by Area of Practice and By Firm.
2. PRACTICE AREA SPECIFIC UPDATES
- The Finance Quarterly Report (Q1 2019) was recently released. The Finance Quarterly Report is a review of select credit agreements governed under Canadian law filed on SEDAR during each quarter.
- New Market Trends practice notes have been added identifying the current industry standard and recent trends on commonly negotiated credit agreement deal points.
- New clauses were added to the Credit/Loan Agreements topic.
INSOLVENCY & RESTRUCTURING
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & TECHNOLOGY
- See our recent addition to the Cannabis topic Cannabis Patent Implications which outlines the unique challenges and practical solutions to seeking patent protection for cannabis related inventions in Canada.
- Check out the newly updated Trademark materials including the Practice Notes and Checklists under the topic Trademark Law and Regulation, updated to reflect the June 2019 amendments to the Trademarks Act.
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- The Public M&A Quarterly Report (Q1 2019) was recently released. The Public M&A Quarterly Report is a review of plans of arrangement involving target companies listed on the TSX or TSX Venture Exchange filed on SEDAR during each quarter.
- Check out our expanded collection of Transactions Search sample searches covering M&A and securities topics, now available in an easy to access practice note, that provide access to thousands of valuable agreements and deals.
- Ontario: Check out New Precedents that have been uploaded to The License and Appeal Tribunal topic page.
- British Columbia: Check out our new Legislative Updates to the B.C. Supreme Court Rules.
- Will you be affected by the recent changes to say-on-pay voting in Canada? Check out our new practice note, shareholder resolution and more addressing say-on-pay requirements for Canadian companies.
- Check out our new sample resolutions added to Board Composition and Mandates, including audit committee resolutions, pricing committee resolutions and more.
WILLS, TRUSTS & ESTATES
- Ontario: Ensure your estate planning practices consider the important issues surrounding capacity in our practice note on Capacity in Estate Planning, which includes a discussion of capacity in general terms, testamentary capacity, capacity to grant or revoke a continuing power of attorney for property and capacity to manage property.
- British Columbia: Know what orders the court has made in recent Wills Variation cases, by consulting our 2009-2019 Wills Variation Case Table (Order the Courts May Make).
3. QUICK TIP:
Check out the Quick Reference Guide to familiarize yourself with our new product interface.