Time Matters software has been helping law firms streamline their operations and improve client services to fuel firm growth for over 20 years. Now, with the Time Matters Mobility service, you can convert downtime into additional billable hours by gaining the power to work wherever you need to and whenever you choose to. Respond to clients faster, securely access case and matter information, enter time and expenses on the spot and more — right from the palm of your hand.
Leverage highly customizable Time Matters practice management software in and out of the office. Designed specifically for small and medium-sized law firms, Time Matters lets you foster collaboration on matters, streamline internal processes and fuel growth through increased billable hours and profitability.
Time Matters helps you save time and increase firm profitability by capturing and effectively managing day-to-day information and activities related to calendars, email, cases and matters, clients, contacts, deadlines, communications, research, documents, time billing, and more. Download and try Time Matters for free for 30 days*.
To request the free trial software, click here. * Certain conditions apply. Time Matters Highlights
- Contact & Client Management — Centrally manage and control access to all of the information about your clients and other parties involved in cases and matters.
- Matter & Project Management — Organize, associate and track all contacts, documents, events, phone calls and other information associated with a case or matter—from a single application. Work in the Time Matters® software or use the Time Matters® for Microsoft® Outlook® software add-in for access to relevant client and matter data while in your Outlook email and calendar.
- Docketing, Calendaring and Scheduling — Automate workflows and apply best practices across the organization with the comprehensive alert and reminder system.
- Document Management — Save time and reduce duplication of effort when producing client and court papers with document automation features.
- Basic Time Capture & Billing — Document billable hours and client expenses using included timesheets, billing item forms or timers. Use the Time Entry Advisor to find unbilled entries and reduce lost billable time. Apply hourly or flat-fee rates per client or matter. Generate and print bills for mailing.
- Mobility — Increase productivity away from the office, respond more quickly to client needs and capture billable time and expenses as they occur with real-time access to matter and contact information through web-enabled mobile devices. Give attorneys and staff access to calendar and contact information via their mobile devices with support for Microsoft® Outlook® and Microsoft® Exchange.
- Comprehensive Integrations — Integrate with legal-specific accounting and financial management software from LexisNexis® PCLaw®, as well as over 40 third-party legal billing systems, plus standard office software and hardware.
Download and try Time Matters for free for 30 days*
To request the free trial software, click here. Certain conditions apply.
Learn more about this product
Call 1-800-328-2898 firstname.lastname@example.org
Centralized Case Information
Avoid information overload and quickly locate any information you need by organizing and storing all information relevant to a matter—including contacts, emails, notes, documents, appointments and tasks—in a single source shared by all members of your firm.
Efficient Time & Expense Capture, Plus Basic Billing
Capture billable hours and client expenses while you work to prevent revenue leakage. Automatically track unbilled time with the Time Entry Advisor to maximize firm profitability. Create and produce simple invoices on demand.
Extensive Customization Options
Tailor Time Matters® practice management software to the way your firm works. Automate common tasks and processes to save time and optimize your firm’s effectiveness.
Broad Range of Integrations: Including Microsoft® Outlook®
Leverage your existing software and hardware by easily integrating Time Matters with over 40 third-party and LexisNexis® applications. Time Matters lets you access your client, case, and matter data in context while in Microsoft Outlook, so you can work more efficiently. You can also integrate Time Matters with leading legal billing systems, standard office software and hardware—so your firm runs smoothly and efficiently.
Ensure there are no conflicts of interest in your matters with comprehensive search capabilities. Prevent unauthorized access and track change activities to preserve data integrity and safeguard your firm against malpractice claims.
24/7 Remote & Mobile Connectivity
Increase productivity away from the office and respond more quickly to client needs with the Time Matters® Mobility service . Use a web-enabled mobile device and the Time Matters Mobility service for real time access to matters, documents*, contacts, calendars, notes and tasks. Securely capture billable time and expenses as they occur directly into Time Matters. Or, give attorneys and staff access to calendar and contact information via their mobile devices with support for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange. *Mobile access to documents available only in Time Matters Mobility 1.4 and newer releases.
Support from the Pros
Take advantage of our network of highly skilled support staff, training personnel and Certified Independent Consultants—available whenever you need them for technical service, education or assistance with implementation of best practices.
To speak with a sales representative, call 1-800-255-5174 today.
Contact a Consultant
Access System Requirements & Integration Information
Licensing & Services
Time Matters practice management software is licensed based on the number of concurrent users and includes the first year of an Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP) subscription. The fees vary based on the number of licenses, add-on features, custom training and support you may need.
LexisNexis Certified Independent Consultants are available for workflow customization, best-practice consulting, advanced education, training, implementation assistance, or network administration.
Return & Refund Policy
First-time customers are eligible for a one-time refund of the fees for the subscription within 30 days of the subscription date. Please note that no refunds will be issued if you have previously returned any software product or if you have reactivated the software.
Time Matters® Mobility — Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Time Matters® Mobility? Q. How much does Time Matters Mobility cost?
A. Time Matters Mobility is a new service included when you subscribe to a current Time Matters Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP). Time Matters Mobility allows users to view and update basic matter information, find client contacts and enter billable time and expenses from web-based smartphones and other mobile devices.
A. Time Matters Mobility is included at no additional cost as part of your AMP. However, you may incur data charges from your mobile provider when you use the service. Q. Must I have a current AMP to get/use Time Matters Mobility?
A. Yes, Time Matters Mobility is only available to customers with a current AMP.
Q. What happens to Time Matters Mobility if I cancel or do not renew my AMP?
A. If you cancel or do not renew your AMP, you will lose access to the Time Matters Mobility service.
Q. Can I still use Time Matters Mobility if I am not on version 11 of the software?
A. No, Time Matters Mobility only works when Time Matters 11 software is installed on your server.
Q. How do I get Time Matters Mobility?
A. Customers subscribed to a current AMP will be able to access Time Matters Mobility upon upgrading to version 11, installing the Time Matters Mobility Access Manager agent on the server or workstation, then logging in to the secure Time Matters Mobility web site.
Time Matters and PCLaw® Billing & Accounting Software has an extensive network of Certified Independent Consultants (CICs) in Canada and other countries. The customer contracts directly with the Consultant. CICs must attend certification classes at the Time Matters Training Centre or at a regional training facility and pass both written and oral exams.
If you require personalized assistance, or assistance that is beyond the scope of technical support (set up and operating systems, networks, hardware, SQL databases, etc.), consider contacting a CIC. A CIC can provide on-site visits for consultation, installation and setup, custom configurations, and training. If you'd like to harness more of the power of your system but aren't sure where to begin, you might benefit greatly from the skills and experience a CIC would bring.
For more information on consulting, click here.
While there may be one of more CICs in your area, no CIC has exclusive rights in any territory. Please keep us advised of the quality of the support provided by the CIC in your area by contacting Time Matters.
Learn more about this product
Call 1-800-255-5174 email@example.com
Viewing all PDF files requires Acrobat Reader®. Get a free download now.
Learn more about this product
The Time Matters Annual Maintenance Plan
Time Matters is licensed with an Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP). This plan includes software upgrades and support into one package with predictable, manageable costs, not high per-transaction fees.
Your Time Matters AMP provides:
- Mobility Service—enables you to access key features of your software from most Web-enabled smartphones and other devices for greater effectiveness and client service levels (access available for customers on PCLaw version 11 or higher).
- New Software Releases—allows you to take advantage of the latest product features and enhancements during the term of your plan.
- Service Packs—ensures your software runs smoothly
- Individual Corrective Content Releases—addresses a Level 1 or Level 2 high-severity issue rapidly, should it occur
- Live Answer Technical Support—provides access to our world-class technical specialists for assistance with issue diagnosis and resolution (available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern excluding company holidays).
Customers not currently on an AMP or who allow their AMP to lapse may pay a one-time fee to reinstate their AMP subscriptions. This one-time fee reflects the benefits of the additional product releases and our continued investment in improving support, services and training during the time not on the AMP.
We understand that PCLaw software is a critical system for our clients. We believe that your commitment to an AMP will provide you with the benefit of predictable costs, access to the latest technology, support from the best resources available and peace of mind that if something goes wrong, LexisNexis is there to work with you to resolution.
Introducing Time Matters® with Time Entry Advisor
Introducing Time Matters® for Microsoft® Outlook®