Solicitor Forms & Precedents
Solicitor Forms & Precedents on LexisNexis® Quicklaw® gives you easy access to LexisNexis’ comprehensive set of expanding sample forms and precedents covering every significant area of law.
For all your clients’ business needs:
- Intellectual Property - Over 100 IP-specific forms and precedents, compiled by an expert team of practitioners led by The Honourable Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes:
- Privacy - Includes sample non-disclosure agreements, purchase and sale agreements, sample privacy clauses in purchase and sale agreements, and sample privacy policies.
- Patents - Includes petitions, disclaimers, requests, amendments, declarations and over 40 patent forms and precedents.
- Copyright - Includes sample applications for registration of copyright, sample statement of claims, waivers and publishing agreements.
- Industrial Design - Covers application, registration, assignment and licence of design; assignment of unregistered designs; and Industrial Design Infringement actions.
- Trademarks - Covers applications for registration, declarations of use, assignments of Canadian trademarks and more, with extensive commentary on trademark infringement and passing-off actions.
- Licensing - An unprecedented wealth of precedent documents on licensing, including licensing precedents for film and television, intellectual property, information technology and more.
- Information Technology & Entertainment - A comprehensive set of forms and ready-to-use precedents supplemented with material on patents — from computer contracts to Internet, e-commerce and entertainment agreements.
- Corporations - Covering all steps in the incorporation process and every situation encountered by clients in this area; includes a sample minute book, over 35 precedents for articles of incorporation, shareholder agreements, over 45 corporate by-laws, and a comprehensive set of directors’ and shareholders’ resolutions.
- Sale, Distribution & Transport of Goods - Delivers all the goods on commercial transactions related to the distribution, manufacture, sale, transport and storage of goods; covers special statutory conditions, warranties, leases, conditions of carriage and all manner of franchising agreements.
- Sale & Operation of a Business - Nearly 200 forms and precedents on equipment leasing and the sale and operation of a business; checklists are cross-referenced to pertinent commentary.
- Banking & Finance - Complete coverage of all major banking and financing transactions preceded by a practical and insightful overview of the law of banking and finance in Canada.
- Debtor/Creditor - Fast, accurate help in documenting bankruptcy and insolvency issues; over 500 forms and precedents, in-depth commentary and indispensable checklists covering bankruptcy, receivership, restructuring, builders' liens and levying execution.
- Land Development - Designed for private- and public-sector professionals involved in land-use planning on a daily basis; nearly 100 up-to-date sample letters, clauses, certificates, notices, objections, affidavits, and authorization forms.
- Commercial Tenancies - A comprehensive set of lease precedents and sample clauses to be adapted to different contexts encountered in commercial leasing transactions. Includes precedents for the following lease types: Restaurants Retail and office Industrial lease, Ground lease, High-tech lease, Related-party lease.
- Employment - Practical commentary along with forms and precedents for all the issues related to advising an employer or an employee, including pleadings for various types of employment litigation and forms applicable to Federal employees.
- Municipal Law - Expert commentary to guide you through the essential aspects of municipal legal practice and how to use key municipal forms; 40+ comprehensive state-of-the-art sample forms and precedents to assist you with developing documents related to regulatory by-laws, licensing, municipal agreements, Community Development Corporations and Business Improvement Areas, municipal finances, tax sales, and expropriation.
- Wills & Estates - Endorsed by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada. Features over 180 up-to-date precedents on Wills, including particular will clauses and 19 complete wills covering virtually all likely scenarios, along with checklists, drafting tips and commentary which provides the legal context. Also includes over 120 of the latest probate and estate litigation forms and up-to-date precedents, checklists and drafting tips and authoritative advice written by Margaret Rintoul.