Lexis Practice Advisor℠ Canada is a practical online resource that provides market standard tools for transactional matters. The first of its kind in Canada, it offers step-by-step guidance in dealing with transactions that span from the routine to the most complex.
How can Lexis Practice Advisor help you stay efficient?
- Area of practice specific content including Business Law, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Employment Law, Family Law (ON), In-House Counsel, Insolvency & Restructuring, Intellectual Property & Technology, Mergers & Acquisitions, Personal Injury, Securities Law, Wills, Trusts and Estates, and more.
- Get a head start on drafting — access hundreds of relevant forms, sample agreements, and drafting notes directly related to the topic and task at hand.
- Simplify your routine — manage transactions quickly and efficiently with easy access to practical guidance, checklists, model documents, and legal analysis.
- Stay up to speed — keep pace with new issues or refresh your knowledge in areas of law and tasks you haven’t practiced recently.
Lexis Practice Advisor Canada is proud to be working with a growing list of the industry’s top law firms. Click here to find out more about our expert Canadian contributors and advisors.
- Aird & Berlis LLP
- Andrea Kelly Law
- Baker & Mckenzie LLP
- Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
- Belmore Neidrauer LLP
- Bennett Jones LLP
- Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP
- Blake, Cassels and Graydon LLP
- Blaney McMurty LLP
- Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP
- Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer, LLP
- Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Cindy Cohen Barrister + Solicitor
- City of Toronto
- Cognition LLP
- Dani Z Frodis Barristers
- Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- DLA Piper
- Deeth Williams Wall LLP
- Delee Fromm Consulting
- Dentons Canada LLP
- Dickinson Wright LLP
- Dimock Stratton LLP
- Duff & Phelps Canada Restructuring Inc.
- Farber Financial Group
- Fasken Martineau Dumoulin LLP
- Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- First Principles Communication
- Friedman Law
- Goldman, Sloan, Nash & Haber LLP
- Goodmans LLP
- Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
- Grosman, Grosman & Gale LLP
- Hansell LLP
- Heather Suttie & Associates
- Horne Coupar
- Hull & Hull LLP
- Israel Foulon LLP
- Koldorf Stam LLP
- Koskie Minsky LLP
- Kevin McElcheran Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Kuretzky Vassos Henderson LLP
- Levine Sherkin Boussidan Barristers
- LexisNexis Canada
- McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- McLellan Herbert
- McMillan LLP
- Miller Thomson LLP
- Nelligan O'Brien Payne LLP
- Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
- Ontario Court of Justice
- On Trac Coach
- Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers
- Paliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP
- Perry + Currier LLP
- Ridout & Maybee LLP
- RPM Technologies
- Rudner MacDonald LLP
- Shields O Donnell MacKillop LLP
- Slater Vecchio LLP
- Stikeman Elliott LLP
- Sweatman Law Firm
- The Procurement Office
- Thornton Grout Finnigan LLP
- Torys LLP
- WeirFoulds LLP
- Whaley Estate Litigation
- Wildeboer Dellelce LLP
- Zinati Kay Barristers & Solicitors
The first resource of its kind in Canada, Lexis Practice Advisor Canada features how-to content including practice notes, checklists, flowcharts and relevant forms and precedents as well as timely current awareness on hot topics.
A brief yet comprehensive guide to the information and documents contained within a given topic. Overviews are an excellent resource for lawyers unfamiliar with a particular topic or looking to quickly dive into a matter.
Prepared and updated by leading experts in the area, practice notes provide high level “how- to” guidance and direction on a given deal, task or issue and include links to related documents such as precedents and forms.
Checklists, Tables and Flowcharts
Checklists, tables and flowcharts provide step-by-step guidance for a given deal, task or process and strategies for dealing with issues that may arise.
Key statutes, procedural rules and cases relevant to the topic are included, and are selected by leading insolvency practitioners.
Further reading includes analytical materials from leading treatises including Halsbury’s Laws of Canada.
Forms and Precedents
Includes hundreds of relevant forms, model documents, sample court documents, drafting notes and practice tips.
- Features exclusive new practical guidance content that will help get junior lawyers up-to-speed quickly to provide immediate value to the client and the matter.
- Provides access to expert content from Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, the authoritative reference of choice for Canadian legal professionals.
- Includes step-by-step guidance, regularly updated and expanded, including everything lawyers need to represent their clients.
- Enables lawyers to hit the ground running, covering the key steps and considerations with tips and tricks for negotiating the transaction, approaching related issues and drafting relevant documents and agreements.
Lexis Practice Advisor Canada provides intuitive functionality, supported by the best trainers in the industry.
Please view the below videos to gain a deeper understanding of some of Lexis Practice Advisor Canada's key features, content types and user scenarios. If you require additional assistance, please feel free to email us directly at Training@LexisNexis.ca or call 1-800-416-5354.
Precedents and Drafting Notes
User Scenario - International
User Scenario - Large Law Firm
These samples are a preview of the hundreds of flowcharts, checklists, practice notes, tables and precedents available when you become a Lexis Practice Advisor Canada customer.
We’ve created guidelines to make you and your firm successful by utilizing the many tools available through Lexis Practice Advisor Canada.
We offer free training and support of Lexis Practice Advisor Canada and we’re here for you.
The links below provide you with demos, support material and module snapshots that are easy-to-understand and designed for your success with Lexis Practice Advisor Canada. With enhanced online assistance, including context-sensitive help, animated tutorials, and “How-to” links for learning specific tasks, we aim to provide everything you need. Please feel free to contact our team at email@example.com.
Please visit our YouTube™ channel for Lexis Practice Advisor Canada training demos.
To register for a scheduled session in one of our offices across Canada, please contact the training team to arrange a complimentary training session.
Receive CLE/CPD hours with training sessions in our offices or via the web*. Count on our cross-Canada team of experienced training and support specialists for thorough, helpful, personalized training and assistance. All training and support is available to customers at no charge.
* Note - some jurisdictions in Canada have minimum session length requirements and Practice Advisor training may be too short to qualify.
Need assistance? Customer Care is available to assist you with any problems you encounter, from password, to search assistance and through to printing.
Customer Care is available to you seven days per week, until 11 pm ET. To contact us by phone, call at 1-800-387-0899 or reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.