IP&ITPractice provides premium, practice-specific intellectual property and information technology content with a trusted, powerful research tool. You’ll also get the market-leading primary and secondary content on the LexisNexis Quicklaw service.
- Essential practice-specific materials
- Easy-to-use, fully searchable interactive format
- Federal and provincial legislation and international treaties
- Case law and board and tribunal decisions
- Exclusive Butterworths® treatises
- Invaluable forms and precedents
IP Case Law
Know how the courts are ruling on IP issues. IP&ITPractice provides pertinent court cases, as well as board and tribunal decisions, such as Canada Copyright Board Decisions and Canadian Internet Registration Authority Decisions. You’ll also find exclusive case digests, such as Canada Patent Digest.
Find the most recent intellectual property legislation that impacts your clients. With IP&ITPractice, you’ll have access to IP regulations and IP statutes, along with all pertinent federal and provincial legislation.
Leading IP Law Treatises Practice-Specific Forms & Precedents
Access exclusive leading Butterworths intellectual property treatises and benchmark treatises vital to your practice, such as Hughes on Trade Marks and Administrative Law in Canada. You also get Canadian Federal Courts Practice, the key Butterworths practice guide.
Rely on the most comprehensive set of Canadian forms and precedents covering key areas including intellectual property, licensing, computer contracts, and Internet and e-commerce agreements.
Simply the Research Process
Find what you need in a single practice area page. IP&ITPractice is the only research tool in Canada specifically designed for IP-IT lawyers and consultants.
Perform In-Depth Research
Meet your clients’ needs with the help of the comprehensive and unmatched collection of primary material on LexisNexis® Quicklaw®, including all pertinent federal and provincial legislation with treaties, case law, and an unparalleled collection of board and tribunal decisions.
Deliver Effective Results Customize Research and Results
Take advantage of the complete library of tools to enable you to effectively protect the intellectual property and related information technology interests of their clients.
Go directly to the information you need, when you need it. Your IP&ITPractice
page is your customized desktop reference tool.
Access the following collections via IP&ITPractice* on LexisNexis® Quicklaw:
Exclusive leading Butterworths intellectual property law treatises
- Hughes on Copyright and Industrial Design (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Susan J. Peacock, with Neal Armstrong)
- Hughes on Trade Marks (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Toni Polson Ashton, with Neal Armstrong)
- Hughes & Woodley on Patents (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Dino Clarizio, with Neal Armstrong)
Butterworths practice guides and annotated acts
- Canadian Federal Courts Practice (The Hon. Mr. Roger T. Hughes, Arthur Renaud and Trent Horne)
Butterworths benchmark reference treatises
- Administrative Law in Canada (Sara Blake)
- Sopinka, Lederman & Bryant – The Law of Evidence in Canada (The Hon. Mr. Justice Alan W. Bryant, The Hon. Mr. Justice Sidney N. Lederman and The Hon. Madam Justice Michelle K. Fuerst)
- Castel & Walker – Canadian Conflict of Laws (Janet Walker)
Halsbury’s® Laws of Canada
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada – Patents, Trade Secrets and Industrial Designs (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Dino Clarizio)
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada – Trade-marks, Passing Off and Unfair Competition (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Toni Polson Ashton)
Exclusive case digests
- Canada Copyright Digest / Abrégé de jurisprudence – Droit d’auteur
- Canada Trade-marks Digest / Abrégé de jurisprudence – Marques de Commerce
- Canada Patent Digest / Abrégé de jurisprudence – Brevets
- Canada Information Technology Digest / Abrégé de jurisprudence – Technologies de l’information
Exclusive Primary Content
- All Federal Court Judgments
- Supreme Court of Canada Service
- LAW/NET™ Legal Update Service
- Federal Courts Reports**
- Exchequer Court Reports
- Copyright & New Media Law Newsletter
- Index of Canadian Literature on Intellectual Property
Current Awareness NetLetter™
- LexisNexis® Copyright and Trade-mark Law NetLetter™ / Bulletin
- LexisNexis® Droits d’auteur et marques de commerce
- LexisNexis® Patent Law NetLetter™ / Bulletin LexisNexis® Brevets
Board and tribunal decisions
- Canada Copyright Board Decisions
- Canada Patent Appeal Board and Commissioner of Patents Decisions
- Canada Trade Marks Opposition Board Decisions
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority Decisions
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
- Décisions de la Commission des oppositions des marques de
commerce du Canada
- Décisions de la Commission du droit d’auteur du Canada
- Décisions de télécom du Conseil de la radiodiffusion et des
- Décisions sur la radiodiffusion du Conseil de la radiodiffusion
et des télécommunications canadiennes
Intellectual Property Law Legislation
- Intellectual Property Statutes
- Intellectual Property Regulations
Forms & Precedents
- Canadian Forms & Precedents – Intellectual Property (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes, Toni Polson Ashton, Stephen Burns, Dr. Sunny Handa, Kenneth D. McKay and Stephen J. Perry)
- Canadian Forms & Precedents – Licensing (The Hon. Mr. Justice Roger T. Hughes and Martin P. J. Kratz, with Gord Sustrik)
- Canadian Forms & Precedents – Information Technology and Entertainment (Lisa Abe, Donald M. Cameron, Ronald E. Dimock, Arthur Evrensel, Christopher D. Heer, Robert L. Percival, Bruce W. Stratton and Jenna Wilson)
Superior Training and Support on LexisNexis ® Quicklaw ®
Quicklaw comes with enhanced online assistance, including context-sensitive help, animated tutorials, and “How do I…?” links for learning specific tasks.
Quicklaw Training Demos
Train yourself on a specific aspect of using Quicklaw in 10 minutes or less. Our Quicklaw training demos include topics such as “Cost-Effective Searching” and “Customizing Your Quicklaw®.” Please visit our YouTube™ channel for additional Quicklaw training demos.
Receive CLE/CPD hours with training sessions in our offices or via the web
Count on our cross-Canada team of experienced training and support specialists for thorough, helpful, personalized training and assistance. All training is available to customers at no charge.
To register for a scheduled session in one of our offices across Canada, view our training schedule. You can also register for one of our daily web-based training sessions.
In Canadian jurisdictions in which CLE/CPD is required, training provided by one of our training and support specialists can now count toward the number of hours you are required to complete on an hour-for-hour basis. Simply report the training as you would any other training you complete. Upon request, we can provide you with a Certificate of Completion.